The other day I was listening to Vaaranam Aayiram while having an impromptu drive with a friend… I was recollecting every scene as the songs kept playing… Lovely songs and amazing visuals… I like them so much that got the videos downloaded to my phone… I remembered how I badly wanted to watch the first day first show of that movie. But since I did not get tickets, settled with second day first show. So here goes my recollection of the entire day.

My company has a celluloid club which offers tickets for the latest releases… One would not want to miss such an opportunity the theater being Sathyam. So when the mail came announcing tickets for Vaaranam Aayiram I didn’t want to miss it for anything in the world… Called Prem in advance to book tickets for me offline… It really pays to know so many people in office. I didn’t have to stand in queue in front of Prem’s desk. My tickets were taken care off ;) The plan was to watch the movie with Jannu. But her ill luck the show timings were 7.30a.m on a Saturday morning… Now expecting Jannu to wake up earlier than 10 o clock is like expecting snowfall in Chennai ;) And I didn’t want to miss the movie. So I was wondering whom to take along… Not many wanted to come being it that early in the morning. Now I can’t expect everybody to be as crazy as me. So finally I decided to take my sister along.

My sister was having her semester exams those days and initially my mom was skeptical about letting her go for the movie. But wonder of wonders my dad gives her a big go for the movie. I have never got permission to do such a thing during my semesters… This was atrocious… I was even banned from watching TV – the reason being I might forget whatever I read… Too much… Whatever, we got perm and I was happy that I didn’t have to go alone for the movie. On the ‘D’ day I woke up with a constant ringing of alarm, which I realized after I was wide awake was my sister’s… A gal who does not get up even to study during her semesters early morning (she prefers to sit up late) has kept alarm for 6a.m :O She woke up before me, brushed, showered and asked me to make Bournvita for her… I did not have any words for her… I was just overwhelmed with surprise and shock… It was super dark outside and I thought the sun is yet to rise ;) Little did I realize then that it was gonna pour like crazy in sometime… Suddenly I hear a heavy downpour… I literally wanted to scream out at the Rain God… All my plans to watch Surya gone down in rain… That’s when I decided rain or storm or sun I’m gonna watch the movie come what may… I was happy that my sister too shared the same spirit… At times like these is when I love my sister a lot…

I got out my raincoat, umbrella, jacket and everything possible that would keep my sister dry (she has an exam to attend) so I didn’t want her to get wet… By then my parents also woke up… My dad offered to drop us but it was already late… So all dressed in raincoat and stuff my sister and I set out to watch Vaaranam Aayiram :) With the rain lashing mercilessly it was fun to drive in the rain… Never ever done that before and I doubt if I would do it again too… Luckily there weren’t many people on the road… Ya ya what would one wanna do on the road with the heavy rains… People aren’t crazy… We finally reached the theater 15mins early and had enough time to dry ourselves and watch the amazing movie… This experience is something I would never ever forget…

This entry was posted on 28 August 2009 at 10:27 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment